Exeter & East Devon Growth Point Like us on Facebook
Devon, EX5 7DR
Tel: 01395 571744
Like us on Facebook
"The Airport of choice for the South West"
In December 2009 Exeter Airport published its new Master Plan which sets out the development proposals for Exeter International Airport to 2030.
The draft Master Plan was consulted upon widely within the community, and with the various authorities including Devon County Council, East Devon District Council and Exeter City Council. The comments received during the consultation process have informed this final Master Plan that has been adopted by the Airport.
This will ensure that Exeter International Airport remains the principal gateway to Devon and Cornwall and maximises its contribution to the South West economy by attracting high quality skilled employment to the Exeter & East Devon Growth Point area.
It also supports the development by Flybe of their Training Academy and will become carbon neutral in its ground operations by 2015, or shortly after the first major stage of airport terminal development
To help them achieve this the Airport's Master Plan sets out the development plans for the Airport to 2030:
Their objectives are to :
- Continue to put people first by meeting and exceeding the expectations of their Customers Stakeholders and the community.
- Improve affordable access to more destinations, with a better frequency for business and leisure travellers to and from the region.
- Maintain a sustainable airport by carefully managing relationship with the environment. In the short term the Airport Environmental Management Strategy (EMS) will ensure that Exeter International mitigates and compensates for residual impacts; and in the medium term through development, create a sustainable carbon neutral airport that is recognised for minimising environmental impacts at source.
- Provide the right infrastructure, at the right time, at a cost that the airlines and their passengers can afford.
- Reduce the need for passengers to travel long distances to other airports, principally in the South East and to develop international linkages through good connections to major European hubs.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety for passengers, staff and the community to ensure that all activities are carried out safely and securely.
- Uphold the highest standards of Air Traffic Control (ATC) and airspace safety and to develop the airfield to ensure continuous improvement in operational safety.
- Maximise the contribution that Exeter International Airport provides as an economic driver creating employment and stimulating investment in support of the economic growth and development of the region.
- Work with Flybe, to create a training academy of regional importance that will develop a highly trained work force for the Airport, aeronautical industries and the businesses surrounding the Airport.
- Set out the long-term growth plans of Exeter International Airport in order that these are taken into account by local authorities in preparing their development, economic and transport plans and associated policies to make investment decisions.
- Develop a vibrant and profitable business as a stable and a secure foundation to ensure future investment and continued development of Exeter International Airport.
- Improve public transport access to the Airport and increase opportunities for sustainable travel to Exeter International Airport.
- Ensure that Exeter International Airport makes a full contribution to the profile and image of Exeter, Devon and the South West by developing high quality facilities that reflect the aspirations of the region.
- Establish a plan to improve the physical appearance of Exeter International Airport, its buildings and landscape to become the Regional 'shop window' reflecting the culture, heritage and natural features of the region.
- Enable the continued use of the Airport by general aviation and flying schools and support the development of existing and additional aviation related Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) within the boundaries of the Airport.
Planning Authority: East Devon District Council
Lead Appplicant: Balfour Beatty